#SIGGRAPHAsia | #SIGGRAPHAsia2022
- Conference Proceedings
- Full Program
- Key Speakers
- Award Winners
- Art Gallery
- Birds of a Feather
- Business & Innovation Symposium
- Computer Animation Festival
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Emerging Technologies
- Featured Sessions
- Keynote Sessions
- Real-Time Live!
- Technical Communications
- Technical Papers
- Visit Exhibition
- Exhibitor Talks
- Information & Planning
- General Information
- Mobile App & Business Matching
- Mobile App & Business Matching FAQ
- Information for Speakers
- Attendee FAQ
|Full Access||Experience Plus||Experience Access||On-Demand Access|
Trajectories of Time: Sustainable Ecologies and Non-fungible Entities
Amongst various terms to call this time of turmoil – Anthropocene, Capitalocene, Post-Pandemic – where values and virtues are once again in question, Art Gallery proposed to discuss Sustainability and Non-fungibility for this year’s SIGGRAPH Asia.
What does sustainability and non-fungibility mean in today’s Worlding?
- How can we imagine new ecologies and entities that converse and emerge amidst technological advancements and environmental degradation?
- How could we – human, non-human, and the planetary – as beings connect, converge, and expand with technologies as the creative medium and the agency?
- How do we maintain our routines and rituals mediated through technologies and how do we record, reproduce, and re-establish our subjectivities through computer graphics?
At the Art Gallery, we speculate and envision sustainable ecologies and non-fungible entities that are constantly reshaped, recreated, and restored in the trajectories of time. Tokens of hope and promises are taken to explore and experiment with digital media not only to discover terrains of co-existence but also to reflect on current media landscapes. We cordially invite you to savor the time at the Art Gallery, where sustainability and non-fungibility is possible because of imperfections, uncertainties, and contingencies, we as beings are, not in spite of.
Art Gallery Chair
Soh Yeong Roh
Director, Art Center Nabi
Art Gallery Co-Chair
Jin Wan Park
Professor, Chung-Ang University