#SIGGRAPHAsia | #SIGGRAPHAsia2022
- Art Gallery
- Birds of a Feather
- Computer Animation Festival
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Emerging Technologies
- Real-Time Live!
- Technical Communications
- Technical Papers
- Ethics of the Review Process
- Reviewer Instructions
- Review Form
- Conflict Of Interest Rules For Authors
- Student Volunteers
- Online Submission System
- Notice To All Contributors
- Information For Speakers
- Recognition Benefits
- Submission Information
Submission Deadline: 18 August 2022, 23:59 AoE
It’s the future of interactive techniques, live on stage! Watch the most innovative interactive techniques as they are presented and deconstructed live by their creators during SIGGRAPH Asia’s Real-Time Live! experience.
Prepare to be Amazed!
Real-Time Live! is one of the experiences that makes it unique and a must-attend event. Watch as the best of the best in real-time graphics and interactivity come together for a live competition and share their innovations. From mobile games to console games to virtual and augmented reality, creators of cutting-edge real-time graphics give you a look under the hood of their creations and share the techniques they use to achieve jaw-dropping results.
Attending Real-Time Live! is cool and presenting is a rush. If you have been pushing the boundaries of what is possible in real-time, and you think milliseconds are too large of a granularity in which to measure time, we want your submissions!
A jury of industry experts will recommend which submissions make it on stage.
We are seeking the latest and greatest work in the following areas:
- State‐of‐the‐art graphics in gaming
- Real‐time technology for movies
- Virtual reality and augmented reality
- Virtual production
- Creativity support tools
- Computational Photography
- Graphics Hardware
- 3D/Motion Capture
- Real‐time artistic explorations and live performances
- Research projects (i.e., physics, graphics, modelling, etc.)
- Military or industrial simulations
- New Art and Design Techniques
- Scientific visualizations (i.e., medical, astrophysics, astronomy)
- Or anything that is interactively controlled, rendered in real time and repeatable for a live audience
Real-Time Live! Chair
Video Presentations – “as live”
To ensure you can present your work despite various global uncertainties, all successful submissions will need to prepare a presentation video prior to the event. This is in addition to any illustrative video(s) submitted to the jury for the selection process.
For Real-Time Live!, the presentation video should be “as if it is live” (e.g. single shot, single camera, real-time, etc.) while the video(s) you submit to the selection jury should still give an impression of what the in-person or live-streamed experience will be for conference attendees.
View the Sample Submission Form to get an overview of all of the details needed to complete a submission. Submissions are due on 18 August 2022, 23:59 AoE.
- Log in to the SIGGRAPH Asia Submission System
- Select "Begin a New Submission"
- Select "Create" for the Real-Time Live! Submission form
In particular, please be aware of crucial information that you will need to provide, including but not limited to:
- A minute-by-minute breakdown of a 6-8 minute presentation of your work for a live audience.
- An overview of the platform and necessary hardware needed to run your project. (NOTE: SIGGRAPH cannot guarantee onsite availability of any specific hardware platforms or software packages. For best results, plan to ship your own platform hardware to the conference.)
- A description of how any remote live presentation (or ‘as if live’ recording) would work – should that be necessary.
- A list of all licensed components and/or middleware.
- Network requirements.
- One “representative image” suitable for use on the conference website and promotional materials. See the ‘Representative Image Guidelines’ located on the Submission Information page.
- 3 x 2 aspect ratio, landscape orientation (recommended)
- Minimum 1500 x 1000 pixel resolution
- Minimum 300 dpi
- Maximum 15 MB size
- Allowed formats: jpeg
Video (Upload or Link)
- Maximum 2-minute segment of captured video from your project
- Multiple non-continuous edits are permissible.
- Post-processing such as image or speed enhancement is strictly prohibited.
- Narration explaining the content in the video is highly encouraged.
- Minimum 1080p resolution
- 264 codec
- Maximum 200 MB size
- Allowed formats: avi, mov, mp4
- File Uploads
For more information about uploading files to your submission, please see ‘Uploading Files’ located on the Submission Information page.
For additional submission information, please see Submission Information page.
General Submission Policies
For more details on SIGGRAPH Asia’s General Submission Policies, please go to SIGGRAPH Asia’s Submission Information page.
Entries are judged by a panel of human-computer interaction, computer graphics, and real-time technology experts from across the industry and research community. They are looking for the best interactive work driven by real-time technology that results in compelling and innovative content for a live audience. Creativity, innovation, content, and performance will be considered. The jury will review each submission on the following major criteria:
- Innovation (pushes the boundaries of real-time rendering or immersive techniques)
- Interactivity (how much control and quality of interactivity is allowed to the user)
- Creativity and originality
- Interest and entertainment value for SIGGRAPH Asia 2022 attendees
- Production values (appropriate to context)
The jury will select the top-rated pieces for presentation at SIGGRAPH Asia 2022, and all submitters will be notified of their submission status: accepted, conditionally accepted or rejected. * In all cases, the jury will provide feedback to submitters.
*In very rare cases, submissions may be conditionally accepted. If your work is conditionally accepted, you must demonstrate your submission to a jury member in person, so that its interactivity and/or real-time graphics aspects can be verified. Jurors who have a conflict of interest with your submission will not be permitted to review your submission.
SIGGRAPH reviewers cannot sign non-disclosure agreements for submissions. For information on ‘Submission and Authorization Agreement’ see the Submissions Information page.
Upon acceptance, you will be able to update your basic submission information, so it can be included in the conference schedule and website. This information needs to be finalized the week following your acceptance.
Accepted submissions will be allotted up to six minutes for presentation.
You may submit a rehearsal video (six to eight minutes) of your complete presentation six weeks before the conference with a written script of your presentation that details the flow and wording of the content that you plan to present at SIGGRAPH Asia. However, a live rehearsal session of your complete presentation will be mandatory for pre-event evaluation.
The Real-Time Live! Committee will accommodate remote rehearsal feedback sessions if needed.
At SIGGRAPH Asia, the submitter (and up to two additional people) must demonstrate a six-minute segment of the project live in real time on the hardware of their choice. Presenters are required to register for SIGGRAPH Asia 2022. Registration and travel costs are at your own expense, except for the contributor of record, who will receive recognition as specified in the SIGGRAPH Asia 2022 Recognition Benefits.
Before SIGGRAPH Asia 2022, all accepted presenters will receive the Real-Time Live! Presenter Preparation and Logistics Guide. This document includes complete details on shipping hardware, setup, rehearsals, the Real-Time Live! show and tear-down.
If your work is accepted for presentation at SIGGRAPH Asia 2022: You must complete the ACM Rights Management Form. The form will be sent to all submitters whose work is accepted.
Your representative image and text may be used for promotional purposes. Several SIGGRAPH Asia 2022 programs – Art Gallery, Computer Animation Festival, Emerging Technologies, XR, Real-Time Live!, Technical Papers – will prepare preview videos for pre-conference promotion of accepted content, which may include a portion of the video you submitted for review.
Upon acceptance, presenters will be required to: *Subject to Changes in dates and times
- Finalize Submission Materials (by 24 September 2022)
Update information in your submission by 24 September 2022 so it can be incorporated into the conference schedule, website, and promotions.
- Secure Permissions on Representative Image and Video (by 24 September 2022)
Attain the proper permissions for the representative image and video in your submission by 24 September 2022. This media will be used for event-related promotional purposes. (See the SIGGRAPH Asia 2022 example line-up and trailer here: link.) Note that if your work is referencing other work that is copyrighted, additional proof of permissions will be required. For more information, see http://authors.acm.org/.
- Attend Virtual Rehearsal(s)
Attend a mandatory virtual rehearsal in October 2022 (multiple if deemed necessary by Real-Time Live! Chair) using videoconferencing software. You will be expected to demonstrate your entire presentation in 6-8 minutes or under to the Real-Time Live! Committee, you will be contacted by us prior.
- Submit Final Piece a Month Before Conference (at discretion of Real-Time Live! Chair)
(At discretion of Real-Time Live! Chair) Upload a copy of the final piece (executable or equivalent) a month before the conference (around 06 November, date subject to change) to a designated server. Enhancements to the technology are encouraged after that time, but all core code must be complete.
- Bring Multiple Copies of Presentation to SIGGRAPH Asia 2022
Must bring TWO copies of the presentation technology on-site along with all applicable hardware. (To provide insurance in the event that the primary technology crashes/fails during the live event.) If the technology was also accepted to another area of the conference, you will be required to bring an additional copy of your technology (for a total of THREE copies). No technology will be moved once it is set up for Real-Time Live! on the Morning of Friday, 9 December 2022.
- Arrive in Daegu, South Korea Before Noon on 6 December 2022
Arrange travel to Daegu, South Korea to arrive BEFORE NOON on 6 December 2022 for presenter check-in and tech setup. ALL presenters must be present at that time.
- Registration and travel costs are at your own expense, except for the contributor of record, who will receive recognition as specified in the SIGGRAPH Asia 2022 Recognition Benefits.
- Attend Rehearsal On-Site at SIGGRAPH Asia, Thursday, 8 December 2022
Attend a mandatory rehearsal of the Real-Time Live! program in its entirety on the morning of Thursday, 8 December 2022 from roughly 8AM. until 11AM. (time subject to change).
- Present at Real-Time Live! Event at SIGGRAPH Asia, Friday, 9 December 2022
Be present for Real-Time Live! in its entirety on Friday, 9 December 2022, arriving 45 minutes before show time (typically 2PM.) and tearing down materials at event end (typically from 6:30PM). Exact times subject to change.
All deadlines are 23:59 AoE.
18 August 2022
Real-Time Live! submitters notified
September – October 2022
Mandatory virtual rehearsals will take place using video conferencing software. You will be expected to demonstrate your entire presentation in 6 – 8 minutes or under the Real-Time Live! Committee.
24 September 2022
Final delivery of rehearsal video and script, Confirmations due, alongside submission updates and permissions for representative image and video.
6 November 2022
(At the discretion of Real-Time Live! Chair) Upload a copy of the final piece (executable or equivalent) a month before the conference to a designated SIGGRAPH server. Enhancements to the technology are encouraged after that time, but all core codes must be complete.
A pre-conference meeting will be held using videoconferencing software to discuss logistics and final questions before arriving on-site.
6 December 2022
Arrive in Daegu, Korea BEFORE NOON for presenter check-in and tech setup. ALL presenters must be present on-site at this time.
9 December (Typically 2PM; Timing Subject to change)
Real-Time Live! Presentation
6 – 9 December 2022
SIGGRAPH Asia 2022 Conference Event Days
7 – 9 December 2022
SIGGRAPH Asia 2022 Exhibition Days
ACM SIGGRAPH strives to create a welcoming and nurturing community for everyone working in computer graphics and interactive techniques independent of gender, sexual orientation, ethnic background, religion, country of origin, or abilities. Work submitted to this program should be in alignment with these values.
For any submission to an ACM SIGGRAPH conference or Standing Committee activity, the person in charge (PIC) of the program should be aware of and sensitive to potential issues pertaining to the ACM SIGGRAPH values of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. If an issue is identified, then the authors of the submission shall be asked to modify their submission to resolve the issue before acceptance. If the PIC is unsure if there is an issue, then they should contact the Chair of the DEI Committee for advice.